Saturday, May 9, 2009

Thinking of nothing?

A friend asked me this once, "What are you thinking?"

I was actually day dreaming, but I cannot really remember about what. So I answered, "Nothing!" And the reply I got was....

"You know, the only person who can think of nothing is Buddha? He achieves this while sitting under a Bo tree. He achieved nirvana which he described as the perfect peace of the state of mind that is free from craving, anger and other afflictive states." And, "The subject is at peace with the world, has compassion for all and gives up obsessions and fixations....and.... (I forgot how long the story goes)

Of course I don't understand what has this got to do with me not knowing what I'm thinking? And no, I'm not trying to achieve nirvana. Don't think I can. Unless I'm dead!

Okay why this story? Because it has something to do with Buddha and....

Happy Wesak Day!

2 comments:

  1. thats a good explanation on achieving nirvana. It sounds good though, might tell my boss later on. "boss, don't disturb me, i'm trying to achieve nirvana (day dreaming)"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, thanks for dropping a line. Lol! Let me know if it works or if you get a smack on your head! Btw cool blog you've got!

    ReplyDelete