Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is there chicken in chicken biscuits?

Is there chicken in chicken biscuits? Or pork in chee cheong fun?

There's no Jalan Ipoh in Ipoh, Jalan Kampar is in KL? And Old Klang Road is not in Klang?

Okay, what has all these got to do with what I'm about to tell you? Because today I made Cordon Bleu Chicken. And it does not have Cordon Bleu in it!

The main ingredients for this dish is chicken meat, ham and cheese. NO Cordon Bleu Cognac brandy! Wonder why? So I google as usual and I found out this could be the reason.

The word 'Cordon Bleu' is a French term, literally translated as 'blue ribbon', that originally referred to an award for culinary excellence given to women cooks! The term can now apply to any superior cook (yes, men too), and also to this dish (chicken, ham and Swiss cheese slices, breaded and sauteed). This yummy version adds paprika and a creamy white wine sauce worthy of its own blue ribbon. Two blue ribbon tastes in wedded bliss -- Chicken Cordon Bleu II!"

Got it? Oh well, who cares? All I want is to finish off the left over cheese in my fridge before they expire. It took my 2 hours and the result is....



2 comments:

  1. What?, no kai in kai chai ben and no gee in gee cheong fun?

    yummy cordon bleu dish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, lol!

    Thanks for dropping a line.

    ReplyDelete