Thursday, May 28, 2009

The 5th day of the 5th month in the Chinese calendar is...


I didn't realize that today is The Dumpling Festival until someone mentioned about dumplings!

Yes, wow! How time flies. Blink your eyes and time just pass you by? One of the reasons you shouldn't blink your eyes so much, if you do not want to grow old so soon?


Well anyway I will try to get some dumplings today if possible. The best dumpling I heard is in Jalan Pudu but I'm not sure which part. There's one good one in Petaling Street KL, a stall mend by an auntie somewhere along Hong Leong Bank. So many types of dumplings, cantonese, hokkien, hakka, hainan, teochew, small, medium, big and the super big! So spoilt for choice!


But I still think that my grandma make the best dumpling in the world! Too bad she's cross over to the other world, now my grandpa should get to savour her speciality. Lucky him!

And for those who celebrate this festival, Happy Dumpling Festival! Enjoy your dumplings!



2 comments:

  1. Jan....can u let me know when you find some vegetarian "salty" ones please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean by 'salty'? Is it with salted eggs? But I thought vegetarians don't use eggs in their recipes? Anyway if I come across any, sure to let you know.

    ReplyDelete