Thursday, October 2, 2008

A sad moment.

My granduncle passed away yesterday. He's 93.

I have mixed feelings as I see him lying in his resting place. I felt sad and I can't understand why. This man I hardly know yet I felt that we had a special bond.

I tried to recall something about this man. All I could remember is he came to visit my grandma a few times ( I was staying with my grandma then) gave me 'angpow'. We visited him too, he was staying in Teluk Intan then. A very gentle and soft spoken man.

A very faint memory of him I have. But I know my grandma loves and adores him. She spoke of him quite a lot, how he helped her when she's in need, financially and emotionally. A really loving brother. I think grandma must be real sad now as she is not able to see her brother for one last time (she's away in Hong Kong). All she could do is called back and reminded us again and again to go and pay our last respect to him. Okay grandma, your wish is granted!

To my granduncle wherever you are now, may God bless your soul!

No comments:

Post a Comment