Monday, October 6, 2008

Pirates of the modern world!

After watching movies like Pirates of The Caribbean or cartoons like Peter Pan and Captain Hook,
I could only imagine what pirates are like. And I always thought that pirates are a thing of the past until I read the news about Pirates of Somalia!

Huh? Pirates? In our modern world?

On second thought, I'd say, why not? We still have thieves and robbers, so why not pirates?
This primitive profession has been around I guess since human's existence. It's just a matter of evolution.

I could imagine the cavemen fighting each other for food and sometimes maybe taking other tribe's women. Then it's Robin Hood robbing the rich for the poor. Then it's the cowboys robbing the Red Indians and vice versa. Soon when people start using the water/sea as a form of transportation, there we have it PIRATES!

So, pirates are just robbers at sea. But I guess the pirates now are far more modernized than before. No longer using swords and canons now. They are using sub machine guns and bazooka! Hah, sei mei! If you are still imagining pirate wearing a bandanna and an eye patch, look again!


Pirates of Somalia! They look more like terrorists to me.

These are the pirates responsible for hijacking several ships in the Eyl waters off Somalia in which 2 of them are from Malaysia. They got quite a good deal from MISC, US$2mil for each ship! Not bad huh, being modern pirates...

No comments:

Post a Comment