Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Rubik's Cube....anyone?

I heard it's back in the market now! Or maybe sometime back,I' m not sure.
As for me, the first time I saw this thing, was way back in the early 80's.
I was about 10 years old then, I think. OMG 20 over years ago!

So, just for old time sake I bought one that day and tried to work on it. Guess what?
I can't remember how to fix it. I used to be good at it those days...but now I just manage to do the top face and the first 2 layers after. Hmm..not a good sign. Memory lapse I think.

How? Of course I have my best friend who's always there for me whenever I'm in need. "Google"
Yes, I browsed the net and found a few solutions for the cube. Or rather many sites who offer the solutions. My my, I'm really amazed to see how those people out there can fix the cube in mere seconds! If you don't believe me click here.

Then of course after numerous tries, I finally manage to solve the rubik's cube without having to look at the tutorial that is. Wah! what an achievement for someone my age hah.

For now, my record time is 2.52 minutes and my average time is 5.00 minutes. Not bad huh?
Please don't compare me to those wiz out there lor. And I will definitely work on this more to better my time and break my own record.

Ops! For those of you out there who doesn't know what is this rubik's cube I was talking about, (well, no one says you must know everything right?) here are some pictures of it.



This is a 3x3 cube. 6 faces with 9 small squares on each face.



The objective of the game is to get all the same colour squares on each face. By rotating the cubes in different directions.

But of course you can also do it another way....by dismantling the whole cube and put it back together with their correct colours. That's what I called CHEATING!

And yes, they come in many sizes and shapes too.

If you want to try your hands on them, get the original Rubik's. Trust me, its worth the money as they rotates better and last longer. Good Luck!



1 comment:

  1. Hey! I's Amazing! that you can solve the Rubik's Cube. Even more unbelievable, u did it in less than 3 minutes. I guess ur the only girl that I know who can solve the whole puzzle. Most of the people I know can't even do one color, let alone six side. I still remember during the hype of the Rubik's Cube in the early 80's, most of us brought one to school. During classes while teachers were teaching, we were busy trying to solve the puzzle hidden away from the line of sight of the teachers in our drawer. Those were the days and the things that we all did to entertain our selves...ha ha.

    ReplyDelete