Friday, September 19, 2008

If I were the MAN of the house.

It keeps my mind boggling every now and then.

If I were the MAN of the house, meaning the head of my family...what are the things that I should do?

Being a woman, I sincerely hope that I am NOT the man of the house. I want my man to be THE man. I wish I could just be at home, looking after my kids, takes care of the household thingy, go out for afternoon tea with friends once a while, go shopping, take yoga or dancing classes, learn new recipes, etc. etc. etc....... There are endless things that I want to do. BUT...

If I have to be the MAN, then I would like to make sure...

...that my family is being well taken care of financially and emotionally. I must not let them worry over our financial situation unless there is a crisis. Everything will be under my control. I would provide food, shelter and all other necessities for them even when I am not around. I would give them all the attention they need provided they also have to let me have my own space and private time, without questions.

My wife is free to choose if she would want to work or not. If she works, she can keep all her salary to herself and use it for whatever reason she thinks of. Of course I would advised her to keep some for her old age. You know, just in case. If she chose not to work, then I would give her some pocket money and of course, shower her with lots of love...but I would also want my wife to love me and takes care of me when I'm home. She shouldn't nag at me or tell me things that I do not wish to hear after a long day at work. e.g. Your son is not doing this or that, your daughter is very naughty today or the maid is driving me nuts....and so on.

My children, of course will get all the best things that I can afford. Education, sports, hobbies, anything they want to try their hands on. And I want to be part of their lives too, so I will be there for them for whatever reasons...first day of school, birthdays, concerts, graduation, wedding....


And to make this happen, I have to be okay myself. If I'm not okay how am I supposed to make my family okay. Financially, physically and mentally stable I must be!

And so help me god!

Anyway, I still prefer not to be the MAN. Why can't we just leave the MAN job to the men.

No comments:

Post a Comment