Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mooncake Festival

Soon, 14 September, this coming Sunday...2 days before 916, we'll be celebrating Mooncake Festival or Lantern Festival or Mid Autumn Festival. Whatever you call it, it is the same thing because it is a Festival celebrated in mid autumn where mooncakes are served and lanterns are lit.

I thought, how time flies. It felt like I just had mooncakes not long ago. Just like the saying, in a blink of the eyes, time just passes you by. So I remembered someone told me not to blink my eyes so often if I want to stay young longer. I tried, but doesn't seem to work for me.

I guess I'm going to get some candles, lanterns and mooncakes. Ask a few friends to come over for a drink or two or maybe more and watch the moon!? Is this what we're supposed to do? Watch the moon! OMG! I think not, maybe yes for the candles, lanterns, mooncakes and drink but definitely not watch the moon!

So hopefully after this celebration, we'll get another celebration. 916. But then again I'm not putting all my bet on this day as things has gone astray somehow. Nevertheless I hope it will happen one day maybe a bit later but the day must come!

Oh, coming back to my mooncake festival, I made some mooncakes about 2 weeks back and they turned out quite well. I'm posting some pictures that I took during the process. Maybe next year can open up a mooncake stall and make some fast bucks. Coz my average cost for each mooncake is about RM3 and how much they're selling out there...RM11...You see what I mean?


Roll mooncake paste into sphere (lotus and pandan flavour)


Preparing the skin of the mooncake.

Flatten out skin onto palm. Place paste in the middle and wrapped around.



Place prepared mooncake into mould and press out.



...and Woalah! Mooncakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment