Sunday, March 8, 2009

Women!

Today is International Women's Day. So?

What's up? Does it mean that women are allowed to rule for just this one day?
Okay, today women are allowed to do whatever they want! With whoever they choose! Be wherever they wish! Hey! Sounds great, think so?

Heck! But no! No such thing...still have to work, still got to cook, clean, wash, iron, etc. What's the point here?

No matter how independent we are, as women, we are still bound to the traditional ruling of our ancestors.(...that a woman's place is with her family till the day she crosses over to the other world...) Perhaps more so if you are an Easterner compared to a Westerner.

But of course, we are way much better now, compared to our ancestors. Thanks to all the activists who fought for us! As things change from bad to good and then better, even though the best has yet to come I felt blessed that I was born in this era.

I am still looking forward to the day when women are really equal with men. Until then I will just continue to be the woman I am now. And be happy with what I am!

Happy Women's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment