Sunday, March 29, 2009

Let there be HOPE!


Harvey Bernard Milk (May 22, 1930 – November 27, 1978) was an American politician the first openly gay man to be elected to public office in California, as a member of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors.


Milk, a movie made to retell the true story of this courageous man or gay man has captured the hearts of many. This film was nominated for 8 Oscar Awards and has won 2 , The Best Actor Award and Writing Original Screenplay Award.

This movie did moved me to a point that I felt we are quite a lucky bunch. We are living in a world that the best are already laid out for us. There are so much things that we have taken for granted all the time simply because they had existed. So, from now on I will count my blessings! Nevertheless, I hope that one day someone like Harvey will come to our rescue and fight for our rights in this politically screwed up country. Better late than never?

Back to the movie, Sean Penn is really amazing. With all the kissing scenes he did and if he is not gay, bless him! But minus all the x scenes, Sean is such a great actor! (I think) No wonder he took home the Best Actor (leading role) Award. I haven't watch Richard Jenkins, Frank Langella and Mickey Rourke yet (which I will) so I'm not commenting anything extra here.
Sean Penn
as Harvey Milk

I would say this movie is a good watch. Watch it! It definitely won't make you gay if you're not ONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment