Friday, January 23, 2009

Holidays - Good or Bad?

Malaysia is such a wonderful country. The people, the culture, the food and of course the holidays!

Since last year (2008) December, we have had holidays after holidays due to the different culture and religion in our country. We had Awal Muharam, Christmas, New Year's Day and this coming week will be Chinese New Year and then FT Day and then Thaipusam!

Wow! I guessed to all the employees out there, it means 'Good' but to all the employers, it has to be 'Bad'? Or maybe not? Well, some people are workaholics. They don't mind working 24/7, 365 days/year whether they are an employee or an employer. As for me, I love holidays! Not because I don't need to work but because holidays means better business for a small time retailer like me.

So holidays are great for me. And for this Chinese New Year, FT Day and Thaipusam, business will resume as usual 10am to 10pm, rain or shine.

After all that's been said, I would like to wish all my Chinese friends "A very Happy Chinese New Year!" And to all the rest "Happy Holiday!"

"Gong Hei Fatt Choy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment