Saturday, July 25, 2009

Childhood Friendship.

If you bumped into your childhood friend after 20 years? How would you react? Excited? Disbelief? Happy? Out of this world? Or you have never thought about this?

It happened to me last week, when I accidentally bumped into my childhood friend.

My first reaction? My jaw dropped (I think) in disbelief and then 3 words kept appearing in my mind...OMG! Wanted to hug her but couldn't coz she was holding her child!

Wow! Felt excited since we haven't met for about 20 years! (since she moved to HK) So many things I wanted to ask her. So many things that I wanted to know. Couldn't do so coz she's with a large group of her family members (reunion meal I guessed).

So we exchanged phone numbers and I went ahead to arrange for our own reunion...with other childhood friends that have stayed in touch.

And on that night, a lot of information were exchanged and updated, lots of laughter! The most used word on that night is "remember". Yes, remember this? Remember that?

A wonderful night indeed, wonderful memories. Is this what childhood friendship is all about? Being able to share sweet and happy memories together? I think yes. It's that time of our life when we have no worries and grouches? How wonderful...after 20 years our friendship remains!




Reminds me of the word we used to pen autographs during schooldays : F.R.A.N.C.E. ( Friendship Remains And Never Can End )
LoL!



No comments:

Post a Comment