Sunday, January 3, 2010

Someone Ought To Stop Me!

I've been doing nothing lately except eat, eat and eat! I think someone ought to stop me, fast!

Next week when school reopens, I hope everything will go back to normal. Holidays over, yes? And since it is going to be over soon...I invited Sis Vera over for dinner today.

Sis Vera is someone dear to me. She is like a sister to me although we are not biologically related in any way. I remember my childhood years with her around me caring, sharing and pampering me like I'm her very own little sister.




Fond memories of her never fails to bring a smile on my face. The bedtime stories or even daytime stories, the stroll up the hills, the french toast she made, the songs we sang, the games we played.

Then she had to leave to pursue her dream, something that I may not understand but she seems happy. That's most important, being happy! I haven't seen her since...at least not after more than 10 years! And that's only like once every two or three years.

Now that I had the chance, I definitely want to spend a little more time with her. What is better than inviting her over for dinner. And another good reason for me to EAT!

My menu for today...

Roast Beef and Yorkshire Pudding


Roast beef served with carrot and onion cooked in brown sauce



Yorkshire Pudding made from Bisquick flour


A Close-up of the Yorkshire Pudding



Salad - Butterhead lettuce, bell pepper and onion with vinaigrette dressing



My serving...





We each lead a different life
Chasing different dreams
And have different thoughts
With different beliefs
That's because we are two different person
Just when you thought that I am far beyond your reach
You are always near to my heart!

Nice to have you, Sis Vera! Love you always!





2 comments:

  1. yorkshire puddin dnt look like that lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's because I used a small muffin tray instead.

    ReplyDelete