Monday, September 28, 2009

Please don't fight, just eat!

Fighting over food if you don't have enough of it, I can understand.



Food fight in a party or event or festival where you have abundance of them to waste, I can understand.



But fighting to claim ownership of the origin of food? I don't understand.

Food or special dishes have come a long long way and I think to trace it's roots will not be easy and neither can it be the whole 'truth'. We have such mixed culture in this world and food fusion is so common that the originality of the dishes has been distorted since who knows when?

I cannot understand. Why is so important to claim ownership to the name of a dish? Well okay, bak kut teh is yours, char kuey teow is mine, nasi lemak is hers....so? I like them all and I just want to eat them! Who cares who created it? Even if we know, is it important? Can't we just share the recipe so that everyone can enjoy nice delicious food?

So what if they are not originated from our country, we still get to eat them! They are still here! The recipes are amongst us! Who can take that away from us? And I think it will stay here for as long as we and our future generations are here! Why the fuss?!






Please do not start another issue like 'Penang'...tiring lah.

No comments:

Post a Comment