Saturday, September 5, 2009

MAS Online Booking



Have you ever try buying an air ticket from MAS airline (Malaysia Airline System) via the internet? They called it their E-Ticketing system. The last time I read in the paper (not sure how long ago) you need to collect your e-ticket from their MAS ticket office. Sounds strange right? If we are to go all the way to their ticketing office, why border doing it online? Just go straight to any ticketing office and buy your ticket there, right?

Of course I don't believe this is happening. Especially with MAS, our country's pioneer official airline services. Supposedly the best airline system in this country! Never happen to me before when I buy my air ticket from Air Asia Online services. I guessed must be some miscommunication somewhere along the line? And I didn't border to find out the truth either until...

...my colleague asked me to help her buy an air ticket for her to go to Myanmar. I gladly agreed! How hard can it be? I can do it via the net, right?

I went onto the Air Asia website but found out that they do not have flights to Myanmar. Well the next choice will be MAS and yes, they do have online ticketing services. Happily I signed up to their online services and the rest is a breeze!

I paid via credit card and I got the e-ticket printed out and that's it! No sweat! At least that's what I thought until I see this remark on the e-ticket...!

For security reasons, the following are required upon check-in or ticket reissuance,
failure to produce these documents may result in denied boarding:
1. Photocopy or actual credit card used for the online purchase(s).
2. Photocopy or original photo ID of the credit card holder.


Huh? What's this? I need to make copies of my id and credit card for my colleague? So that she could board the plane? What nonsense is this? What if these photocopies fall into the wrong hands? Credit card fraud syndicates? Why do they need photocopies of the purchaser's id and credit card? The bank has already confirmed the transaction, didn't they? What security reasons? Is there a miscommunication somewhere?

I called MAS Customer Care Centre and they confirmed it, unfortunately. But I do not want to give away copies of my id, so how? Okay...they have a solution. I need to get my e-ticket endorsed by their officer, meaning? I have to take my e-ticket to any MAS ticketing office personally with my id card and credit card to get it verified and endorsed! Or else, my colleague cannot board the plane!

What rubbish! What online ticket purchase service is MAS promoting when the purchaser needs to make a trip to their ticketing office? Does it matter if the ticket purchased is for the purchaser himself or not? No such thing with Air Asia, don't know about other airlines (let me know if you know of any?).

A total waste of my time! The morale of this story? Do not buy your air ticket online from MAS if it is not for yourself? MAS, you are not flying inline with cyber age! Sigh...

21 comments:

  1. Hey Jeeneze, I got my eticket to Melbourne in April but no need to go through stuff like dat! Just print the ticket from the email and go ! Can check in online somemore!! Maybe MAS do not know what they are doing???? Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, if you're purchasing it for yourself then no problem but I'm buying on someone's behalf wor. Never have this problem with Air Asia. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, your blog is very informative. Thanks for the inforation and please keep it up.
    I am sharing a website by which you can get various tupe of tickets like corporate events, marketing events, seminar, sport events and trade fair etc.
    Link of website: http://www.eventsbot.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I myself book an online ticket to USA . Credit payment successful but no email received from Mas. Called their customer service thousands time and line too busy. Finally get through and be informed that my booking had been cancelled so unable to get the email confirmed , what a nasty airline we have

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good post !! I appreciate with your article writing,here its my first visit and i found a great information here.

    ______________________
    Houston Dog Trainers

    ReplyDelete
  6. This article is really a pleasant one it helps new net people, who are wishing for blogging.
    Professional photo editing services

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the reason that the YouTube movies are posted at this place same like I also embed YouTube video code at my own web page, for the reason that it is easy to obtain embedded code.
    Stuart Turner Pump Repair

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite refreshing, articles which can to be fathomed, may constantly upgraded so it can help the peruser in finding the information you require.
    Best vpn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi everybody, I am sure you will be enjoying here by watching these hilarious videos.
    Curso de wordpress

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice Blog share. I like your lovely post.
    Best vpn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow!! This is something I‘ve been searching for a while. I am thankful to you for writing this article. I must say you are a wonderful blogger. I hope, I would read one of your another post soon!

    Peak

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really like and appreciate your blog post, thanks again. Want some more stuff.
    Jaipur Room Rent

    ReplyDelete
  14. All right, you are correct buddy, on a regular basis updating weblog is actually necessary in support of Search engine optimization. Nice argument keeps it up.

    ----------------
    Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is incredible! It truly demonstrates to me where to extend my online journal. I surmise that at some point later on I may attempt to compose a book to oblige my web journal, yet we will see.Good post with helpful tips and thoughts.


    Best vpn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pleasant post and right to the point. I am not certain if this is really the best place to ask however do you parents have any ideea where to contract some expert scholars? Much obliged ahead of time.
    Unlimited vpn

    ReplyDelete
  18. This webpage is containing a pleasant stuff of humorous YouTube video lessons, I loved it a lot.Lol Elo Boosting

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahaa, its nice dialog on the subject of this post at this spot at this weblog, I have examined all that, so at this moment me moreover commenting at this spot.Boost Lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi mates, how is the whole thing, and what you have to say as to this post, in my point of view its really wonderful for me.Elo Boost

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was intrigued if you ever thought to change the outline of your site? Its greatly richly made; I love what youve got the chance to say. In any case, potentially you could to some degree more in the technique for substance so people could interface with it Better.you have an unpleasant bundle of substance for simply having one or 2 pictures. Perhaps you could space it out better?Web design service singapore

    ReplyDelete