Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Grooming a dog.

It takes a lot of patience and love to care for a pet. And a lot of commitment too! Not only you should take good care of its diet, health and emotional needs, you also need to groom it. Most important of all these things don't come cheap! Especially the grooming part.

If you see all those 'Quick Cut' or 'Express Cut' deals out there that charges between RM12 to RM15 for a quick hair cut, they are for human only. You can NEVER find such good deals for pets!

When a hair cut plus hair wash and blow dry for you may cost only RM35, you may not find the same for your pet! For a normal cut and wash for your dog may cost you around RM60. A full groom may cost you RM80 onwards depending on the breed of your dog. I don't have a cat, so I'm not sure about the cost for cats. I guessed should be around the same? I'm not saying that the professional groomers are over charging but to me it is just expensive.

Well since the cost of grooming is expensive (my opinion), I normally do it myself. And of course I won't be grooming it like the professional groomers do. I usually cut the fur as short as possible and there will be no styling involved. So my dog would look like an ordinary dog.

But today, I feel a little adventurous and I tried to groom my schnauzer to look like a schnauzer.
And the result? See for yourself and be my judge...?

My schnauzer which looks like an ordinary dog as usual. (before grooming)



Another close-up shot before grooming.



...after grooming


So...what do you think? Do I pass?


Ain't her tail looks cute?


By the way my schnauzer's name is Smokie. And in case you do not know what a schnauzer looks like? Here are some pictures for your reference.

3 comments:

  1. Not bad at all. Somemore done with a lot of love and affection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yah I think it does make a difference when you put in love and affection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting! I really like what you've acquired here; You should keep it up forever!Dog grooming west palm beach Best of luck

    ReplyDelete