Saturday, June 27, 2009

Shopping made lazy?

This video clip has been around since 2006, if I'm not mistaken. Shopping in a coaster?
It is a supermarket in Shenyang China, where they ferries customers through their shopping centre in coasters.

Sounds kind of fun. Good for those lazy coach potatoes. Blessings for families with children, killing 2 birds with one stone.



But is this really happening? Is this true? I tried to google it but I found nothing about this thing, no previews, no write ups, no comments? Only a video clip on YouTube. But since it has been around (if it is true) since 2006, there should be quite a lot of promo and advertisements and media coverage on this. Or maybe it's a flop? Doesn't go down well for the people there?

If catching on around the world is the builder's dream...well, I guessed I'll just take it as a dream yet to be fulfilled? The idea is cool but I don't think everyone will go for it because it's time consuming. They didn't mention how long it will take for it to complete a cycle of the supermarket. Unless the supermarket is not too big, I would say at least half an hour? And if you missed something, damn! You got to do it all over again. And what if you only want to buy one thing? Damn again! Perhaps if you want to take your kids for a ride on a weekend, I don't think you'd want to shop there. Unless you've plenty of time to kill!

Seriously don't think this will work!

No comments:

Post a Comment