Friday, June 19, 2009

The Devil and The Deep Blue Sea!



I think the members of PAS (Islamic Party of Malaysia) are pretty much divided! Their mindsets are also divided! Their goals too are not the same!?

I don't think they realize what they are doing, what are they thinking? They are lost! In the political war zone! And the worse thing is they are using religion to gain popularity, respect and support. In which I think is NOT RIGHT!

Being a non-muslim in this muslim country has got me looking at things and situations differently. And I think even the muslims have began to realize that something is wrong somewhere along the path. Some dare to say and some don't. 'Tolerance' is the word they used in this country for 50 over years and now they changed it to 'Embrace'? I'm dumb, embrace what? I wonder? Equal rights to all races? Religion? Gender? How? When?

They cannot even embrace their own race and religion. When the PAS leader said that they want to silense SIS (Sisters In Islam), I was quite....err? How should I put it? It's like...huh? What the h...??? Why can't they (PAS) accept changes? Just because SIS fights for muslim women's rights they are to be banned and their members to be sent for rehabilation? They are seen to corrupt the minds of muslim women? They are too modernised, too liberal?

I think these PAS guys are so arrogant and gender bias! They think they have the right to decide what their women should be, how they should behave and who they should become? And their women have no right to voice out their needs!

Oh p...lease! Grow up guys! You are living in an era of liberation, this is the millennium not the stone age? It is pretty clear to me that these people are not ready or to be blunt, not fit to take our country anywhere. How can people with this kind of thinking be entrusted to run our country? If PAS was to be part of the coalition party of Pakatan Rakyat in the next election and if they have not had their brains cleared and recharged, I'm not sure I'll cast my vote for them.

Between Barisan and Pakatan which would you choose? I think this is the case of "between the devil and the deep blue sea"!

No comments:

Post a Comment