Sunday, April 19, 2009

Costly!


So, BN may not contest in the Penanti by-election knowing very well that it would be a 'sheer waste' of public funds? Meaning?? If you know you are going to lose don't waste your time, energy and keep your money for other better things! How thoughtful of them.

Come to think of it, why are we spending so much money on by-elections? Is the money spent really necessary?

Total of RM33.4 million for 5 by-elections?
Please help me out here, I don't understand and I cannot comprehend how it could come up to this amount. Especially the amount spent on the police enforcement services.

Let's take Bukit Gantang for example, a total of 55,471 registered voters. 7 million spent on the Police Force. I'll just do a simple estimated calculation here.

If we need 1 policeman for every 10 people ( in case there's a riot?) we will have to deploy 5,547 police officers to that area. Out of this number maybe 800 are locals? So we need 4,747 officers from out of town. Now, we need food, transportation, lodging and outstation allowance for these officers. For a week?

Food – 3 meals/day – RM10/meal = RM30/day/officer -

RM142,410.00 x 7 = RM 996,870

Lodging – (standard hotel room on twin sharing basis)

RM50/pax - RM237,350.00 x 6 = RM1,424,100

Outstation allowance – RM50/day/officer,

estimated based on average RM900/month salary calculation

at 1.5x OT rate.

RM237,350.00 x 7 = RM1,661,450

Transportation - by coaches RM1500/coach, 25 seater

190 coaches x RM1000 = RM 285,000

Total RM4,367,420



Okay, 4.36 million spent on the extra 4,747 police officers needed for the by-election. But can you imagine these officers coming in in executive coaches instead of police trucks, staying in hotels instead of hostel or apartments? I only spend RM10 per day for my meal (ok I'm quite stingy) but I'm sure RM30 a day is quite a substantial sum. Aren't they supposed to live modestly? More over they are on duty, not on vacation! Or maybe they are the innocent ones? (please tell me you are? You are the scape goats here, aren't you?)

Wait, what happened to the balance RM2.6 million? Spent on temporary base tents, electricity bills soars due to 24 hours of air condition usage (they might not know how to operate generators, so they need TNB to pull temp. electric cables?) Please, correct me if I'm wrong! I wished I were! Can someone enlighten me on this?

Finally, may I see some photos of the 5,547 police officers standing or sitting somewhere, anywhere in Bukit Gantang? No? Then, what RM7 million?

No comments:

Post a Comment